Can’t say NO to cravings?
Are you worried about always needing something to eat after dinner?
Then let me help you.
I could come over to your place and watch out for you. I’d simply block you from grabbing that glass of wine at night, or those crisps, cakes or whatever funky stuff you’re compelled to eat or drink.
But that’s a seriously expensive weight loss service. Plane tickets, taxi fare, etc. (eye roll)
Therefore, let’s try something more sensible.
Cravings, especially those after dinner, mainly occur due to these following reasons.
They could be:
1) You’re a little bored..Can happen. Try to do something else besides eating. Maybe watch an exciting movie, paint your nails, call a friend. How about eating a few frozen blueberries or a pickled cucumber? They are probably not what you had in mind, but the are great ‘cravings interrupter’
2) If you genuinely would enjoy something to eat after dinner, have something lovely: guilt free fresh fruit and a protein and nut ball with a green tea.
3) Could you actually be hungry? Eat something sensible. Totally acceptable to eat when hungry 🙂
4) You perhaps got into a bad habit and now you’ve created a routine. Easy to do, you know. It does take a little work to un-do this.
5) Your body is depleted in certain nutrients and keeps craving the very foods that continue to deplete it. How crazy is that?
When you give your body nourishing foods, they will help your physical cravings to subside. But in the end it’s you who has to break the habit itself. Retrain your bad habit to form new good habits. Eat foods that balance your blood sugars so they don’t dip and push you to eat more than you really need. Always add vegan protein rich foods to your meals, because they’ve been proven to help with keeping you fuller for longer.
Craving alcohol? Swap it out. Give your body a delicious green juice instead.
I get you. It’s not the same. But stick with it. The new habit will take about 3 weeks to lodge itself into your mind….and from then on you will be craving a delicious healthy juice instead.
In addition, when you regularly crave alcohol or certain foods, you could be deficient in Chromium, Magnesium or Tryptophan
Do you want to know which foods contain those?
CHROMIUM, it’s a trace element and small amounts can be found in
- Nutritonal Yeast and Brewer’s Yeast
- Sweet potato
Magnesium helps to calm the nerves and it’s a very common mineral deficiency. Some sources state that over 80% of people in America are deficient in magnesium.
So where to find magnesium..
- Dark leafy greens, like spinach, kale and chard
- Raw cacao
- Raw cashew nuts
- Almonds and Pumpkin Seeds
- Black beans
Tryptophan is an important compound. It’s the precursor to serotonin in the body, the hormone that’s responsible for happiness. Foods that are high in tryptophan give you the building blocks you need for balancing your hormones and feeling better plus it plays a role with a restful sleep. Find it in…
So now you’re better set up to beat those pesky cravings.
Need more help? Contact me in my Facebook group page. I might be able to give you some more tips. See you there.
Yours in Health & Skinny Jeans,
The Vegan Weight Loss Mentor.